Working with a workers’ compensation denial lawyer in Pittsburg, KS, Coffeyville, KS, Kansas City, KS, Joplin, MO or your community can be a strong advantage if you have been injured on the job. Contact Phalen Law Firm if you’d like to speak to a workers’ comp denial lawyer in Joplin, MO or in one of our other locations.

Has Your Missouri Workers Compensation Been Claim Denied?

If you’re in Missouri and your work injury claim has been denied, you will want to contact a workers’ comp denial lawyer in Joplin, MO or your community. An attorney can do many things, such as reviewing your case to clearly articulate why you qualify for compensation.

There are many options available for you to appeal the decision if you have been denied:

  • You can request mediation by contacting the Missouri Workers’ Compensation Division’s Dispute Management Unit or arranging an administrative law judge (ALJ) for mediation. Your employer and their insurer would have to agree to the mediation process, as it is not mandatory.
  • If mediation has not resulted in a resolution or if not all parties agree to mediation, you can file a Claim for Compensation to start the appeal process.
  • Once an administrative law judge has reached a decision, both parties have 20 days from the issuance of the notice to appeal. You can do this by filing with the Commission. During this process, a panel will examine the trial proceedings, and legal briefs may be submitted as well.
  • If you or your employer want to appeal further, the next step is the Missouri Court of Appeals. This is an option only if your case involves a law that was incorrectly applied.
  • A final step in the appeals process is the Missouri Supreme Court. Few workers’ comp cases reach this stage, and the court may decide not to hear a workers’ comp case.

Have You Been Denied a Workers’ Compensation Claim in Kansas?

If you been have denied a workers’ compensation claim in Kansas, you will want to contact an attorney who can represent you adequately during every stage of the appeals process. The appeal process involves a preliminary hearing. This will involve sending a Notice of Intent to your employer or their insurance carrier. You have one week after this stage to reach an agreement. If you and your employer do not agree, you can file an Application for Preliminary Hearing with the Workers’ Compensation Division.

If you want to appeal the results of the preliminary hearing, request a full hearing by filing an Application for Hearing with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. After this stage, you can appeal within 10 days if you don’t agree with that decision by asking the Workers’ Compensation Board to review the decision. A final stage of appeals involves appearing before the Court of Appeals.

Would You Like to Speak to a Workers’ Comp Denial Attorney?

If you’re looking for a workers’ comp denial lawyer, contact one of our Kansas offices in Pittsburg, Coffeyville or Kansas City. You can also find us in Joplin, MO. The attorneys at Phalen Law Firm have decades of experience, having helped thousands of injured workers just like you.

21:34 06 Aug 23
It has been a long road of recovery, very thankful for all they have done on my behalf, Bill and Melissa thank you for having my back and helping me get through everthing i have gone through in the last few years.
TikTok BattleTikTok Battle
13:21 28 Mar 23
Very nice employees. William is an awesome attorney if it had an option for 10 stars I would give him 10. I highly recommend him to anyone in search of a great attorney
Dorothy RuebelDorothy Ruebel
05:32 25 May 21
I highly recommend Mr Phalen. He and his staff did a great job! I could not have won my case without them.
Luke EmmotLuke Emmot
14:42 18 Dec 20
I was hurt at work and Mr Phalen took my case on and worked on it for over a year and was able to successfully get me a settlement check for my injuries. Hire him if you’re ever injured on the job!
Kelli StringfieldKelli Stringfield
21:06 01 Jul 19
If you need an excellent attorney around the Pittsburg area Bill Phalen is the guy to go to. Very knowledgeable and pleasant and the office staff is great. I wouldn't go to anyone else!
Levi DeWittLevi DeWitt
16:14 01 Apr 19
I've worked here as a student intern since August, 2018 and I must say that this has been the most enjoyable job I've had to date. Mr. Phalen and the gals working here are a pleasure to be around and work with. They are patient with me every time I'm slow to get the hang of a new task, they are relaxed and easy going but know how to get the job done well. They each put extra effort into all of the work they do for each and every client. Several times they have come in early or stayed at the office late to make sure that they got every done that they needed to prepare someone's case.The people in this office have been a part of this community for a lifetime and working with them has helped me feel as if I was a part of this great community as well.
Thomas HelmThomas Helm
16:52 27 Mar 19
Very Proud to call him my Attorney, very friendly staff, that always keeps me updated on my case and one phone call away to answer any questions. I have been using him for many, many years. I can't Thank him enough for what he has done and still doing for me and my family. But Thank you. Would highly recommend William Phalen.